For today's free printable I wanted to create something that was part of a DIY and good for New Year's Eve!
Whether you're having a party or a quiet night at home, these party crackers are a great way to cheers to the new year and I've created a companion free printable.
Here's what you'll need:
- Toilet paper tubes*
- Tissue paper
- Download and print this PDF for the covers
- Double sided tape or glue
- String or ribbon
- Little treats to fill (candy, confetti, toys, etc)
*If you don't have any toilet paper tubes handy, you can roll a 5x7" piece of cardboard, like I did.
01. Starting with tissue paper, measure and cut it so that you can wrap one layer around the tube with about half an inch of overlap. My tissue ended up being about 8" tall and 11" wide (what's pictured above is too short).
02. Add double sided tape across the length of your tube and tape the edge of the tissue paper to the roll. Once secure, roll the rest of the tissue paper around the tube and affix tape to close.
03.Print this PDF and cut along the lines. Centering the printable to the covered tube, repeat step 02 to affix the cracker cover.
04. Carefully pinch one end of the tube so that you can tie ribbon or string around it. Clearly in the photo above the tissue paper is too short, so heed my measurements in step 01. :)
05. Fill your tube with little treats such as candy, confetti, and little toys, and then pinch and tie the other end closed.
Hand out these party crackers as gifts or just to throw some confetti in the air. Simply pull each end apart from each other until it rips open.
As you can see in the photo above, the "woohoo" party cracker looks much better with longer ends. :)
Of course the "woohoo" and "cheers" cracker covers aren't necessary but they definitely add a nice touch.
And you're done! Now let's party!
Want more 10 Days of Printables?