The Liebster Award aka The Blog Love Party Train
The Liebster Award is much like a "chain letter" of blogs. Someone recieves it from another blogger, then they pass on the gesture to bloggers they recommend. Is it a real award? No. Does it make your blog any more popular? Who knows! But what I do like about it is that someone thought my little old blog was worth sharing to their readers and I'm happy to spread the love, so I'm here to keep this blog love party train alive. That sounds more catch than "chain letter," right?
Thank you Miemo of Miemonster Chronicles for sharing the Liebster Award and for picking me as one of your blogs!
Here are the rules:
- Link to the blogger that nominated your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they asked.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 blogs with less than 3000 followers.
- Ask 11 new questions which these 5 bloggers will answer (if they decide to spread the blog love train).
So here we go! Here are my answers to the questions Miemo asked:
- What inspires you to blog? Anything creative! Beautiful type. A DIY project. Polka dots. Beautiful design.
- What is your favorite subject to blog about? DIY projects. I love being able to share something I created and show how easy it is to do it yourself.
- What is one item, that you can not live without? It's kind of depressing to admit this, but probably my iPhone. It's my personal assistant.
- If money wasn't an issue, what is your ideal job? What would you want to do everyday and get paid enough to not want for nothing? To design and dance.
- What is the first thing you do when you get home from work every day? The boring answer: walk the dog. The weird answer: get thee into stretchy pants!
- Starbucks has a new tweet program, what is your go to Starbucks drink? Ever since I learned soy AND coffee upsets my stomach (boo!), just Tazo Zen green tea or a berry refresher.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, past or present, and location where would you be for 3 hours? On a beach, with my toes in the sand, and a drink in my hand.
- If you could magically know one language to speak, read and write in which will it be? Vietnamese. My mom would be so proud of me. I can understand it and I can say few words but I'd love to just be able to straight up bust out Vietnamese. I'd love to see her expression!
- How do you see your life in 5 years? I've learned a lot can change in just one year so it's hard to imagine 5. I'd at least like to think I'll have my own little family in 5 years.
- Were you ever a teeny bopper? And who were your favorite artists? Are they still? Um. YES. I loved *NSYNC so much that I not only saw them in concert at least 5 times (with adult supervision!) but I also camped out in front of Hecht's for tickets (also with adult supervision. Thanks mom!). I was/am also a huge Britney Spears fan. See #1 of my random facts.
- I'm a genie. You have 3 wishes, GO! I wish for a team of personal trainers, chefs, and hair/makeup professionals. I wish to clone myself. I wish to live near a large body of water.
11 Facts About Me:
- Britney Spears is my spirit animal.
- I hate celery.
- I once got mad my high school crush because he never initiated a "hello" with me. I even told him that. He said "Well, why don't you say 'hi' first?" Because I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to talk to boys. And I still can't.
- I actually gave up meat for two years (still ate fish). Now I can't live without meat. That was a fun experiment.
- My homecoming date told the guy who was crushing on me that he was my cousin. Embarassing!
- I fell in love with pole dancing in 2008 and was hooked. Three years later, I became an instructor and am still loving every moment of it.
- I created Hey Love Designs thanks to a push from several friends and family members.
- I like to lift weights but I don't dedicate enough time to it. #realwomenlift
- I always pick out the purple lettuce in mixed salads.
- I've been cable-less for 4 years but I am probably more obsessed with TV than ever thanks to Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Binge watching shows is the way to go! No commercials, no breaks.
- I'm pretty certain I'm a crazy dog person. I only have one dog, but I'm pretty crazy about him. It's amazing how much you can love a 50 lb furball.
5 Blogs I Nominate:
* Note: I don't know how to tell how many followers a blog has, so I just picked a few of my favorites.
11 Questions for Them:
- What show do you love right now?
- What's your favorite season and why?
- If you could trade lives with any celebrity, who would it be?
- Would you rather live in a small home in a city or a large home in the country?
- Are leggings pants?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, and money and time were not an issue, where would you go?
- What's a fun childhood memory that most people don't know?
- Every time you hear this song, you can't help but sing it at the top of your lungs. Name that song!
- Live to eat or eat to live?
- What's your favorite Disney movie?
Hope you enjoyed this post! Have you ever participated in the Liebster Award?