Free Printable: Breast Cancer Awareness Party Circles
Did you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month? October is more than halfway over, but by now the BCA excitement has probably worn down, so I'm here to get you motivated to spread awareness! If you weren't already aware of the impacts of breast cancer, here are some facts, courtesy of Bright Pink:
- All women have a 1 in 8 lifetime risk of developing breast cancer.
- While it occurs most often in women, men can also develop breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is one of the leading cancer diagnoses in women and is the leading cause of cancer death in women ages 15 to 54.
- About 10% of breast and ovarian cancer diagnoses are considered hereditary.
- There are currently over 2.5 million breast cancer survivors in the US.
- On the downside, it’s estimated that breast cancer will claim the lives of 40,230 people in the US in 2010 – that’s 390 men and 39,840 women.
- But on the upside, when detected and treated early, the five-year survival rate is greater than 92%.
However you decide to spread awareness, these fun "party circles" will add a splash of cute and pink to your cause. Whether it be a benefit to raise money for research and education, sharing cupcakes with a loved one who is currently going through treatments or a survivor, or just wanting to make people aware, these party circles have many ways of being used.
Cut or punch out the circles and attach them to a lollipop stick to insert into cupcakes, potted plants, or a bowl of candy.
Use them to identify and spruce up beverage glasses.
Pretty up a gift like a candle or jar with some lovely ribbon.
Attach them to gift or goody bags.
Want to help spread awareness? Take the following FREE printable and either cut around the circles or use a 2" craft punch in a circle or scalloped circle shape and attach them to whatever you'd like.