Even though the whole conference is being held online, Alt didn’t want to give any of us the shaft. We all got a box of goodies in mail. And boy, it did not disappoint!
When I first picked up my package from the front door, I found it was quite heavy. What could possibly be inside?
I love how they packaged it so that once you open up the ugly cardboard box, there’s a fun black box and lots of fun crinkled paper.
From the top, left to right:
Candy and mason jar from Bing | Note cards from Pixel Impress | Crayons from Childhood List | Lip balm from Ivory + Ash
Camera pouch from BlueQ | Necklace from Zelma Rose | Party Flags from Lingering Daydreams
What an awesome selection, right? Let’s look deeper.
This necklace from Zelma Rose is so nice! I think it will go with nearly everything and I loved the packaging. Any friend of baker’s twine is a friend of mine.
I love that these crayons look like building blocks. I don’t have a use for crayons so I think I will give this to my friend’s son. I hope they’re not too small for him!
The biggest surprise was how much stuff was in the camera printed pouch! Not to mention it’s all fun cheesy stuff. The wipes made me giggle and have already come in handy after The Color Run.
Here’s a closer look of the small items. The “raisin cookies” box of gum made me laugh and “The Monster That Ate Stars” is actually a teeny tiny story book!
Thank you to the wonderful sponsors and Alt Summit for sending us these goody bags. Not only do I love swag, but I love swag that is useful and makes me laugh! It sort of makes me wonder what kind of swag I’d get if I attended the live in-person event!
Coming up this week I’ll talk about the awesome courses I took as well as some of the “homework” that was assigned. I even applied some of my new skills to this post thanks to the Graphic Design for Bloggers 101 and Photoshop for Bloggers courses. Yay for new tricks!
Did you attend Alt? What did you think of the goody bag selections?
As I recover from a crazy weekend of Alt Summit, planning a dance graduation show, and The Color Run, I thought I’d take things easy on the blog today and have a discussion.
I recently put together an Etsy order and reflected on some good decisions I’ve made recently. Sometimes we focus on our bad decisions so why not shine the light on our good ones? I recently purchased a postage scale and switched to using USPS Regional Rate boxes and couldn’t stop thinking about what a great decision that was. I’m saving a ton of money on shipping and I skip having to stop by the post office to weigh packages that aren’t sent Flat Rate.
I know, boring, but I thought it really streamlined my process and cut costs for my business.
So tell me, what’s a great idea(s) you’ve made recently, whether it was for yourself, work, health, etc?
And if I can sneak in another good idea, I definitely have to say I’m SO glad I impulse-registered for Alt Summit! I learned so much and can’t wait to share a recap with you all!
Alt for Everyone is here!! This morning I’ve already had the pleasure of listening in on the keynote presented by Joy of Oh, Joy! Just that alone was very inspiring and has me excited for the next 3 days. She spoke of how she got to where she is today and how she really had to just get out there and take life by the horns to get what she wants.
Here are 5 anecdotes she shared on The Art of Goal-Getting:
- You cannot wait around for it. The only person who will make your goals come true is you.
- You have to want it. (And then she threw in a Spice Girls reference. More reason to love her.)
- Do your research.
- Put together a presentation that shines.
- “No” is not the end of the world. You might not always get what you want, but it’ll pave the way for something better.
Do you have any advice on obtaining your goals?
If you’d like to follow along with Alt Summit, I’ll be live-tweeting at @heylovedesigns. Except not really because live tweeting is a lot of work! I’ll try to post some of the highlights and then I’ll do a recap on the blog. You can also follow along with everyone’s tweets with the #altsummit or #altforeveryone hashtag on twitter.
And thank you Bing for providing these classes for us!
I’m a selfish hoarder. I’ve been pinning and bookmarking all these amazing resources for blogging and haven’t been sharing them on this blog. Shame on me? Actually, I’ve been stockpiling so I could create you an amazing list of blogging resources!!
Whether you’re a blogging pro, a non-chalant blogger, or new to the game, I think these resources will help everyone in some way or another. Maybe most of this list won’t apply to you or you’ve been dying to figure out self-hosting, Photoshop, or how to add a “Pin It!” button. There’s something for everyone.
Layout and Design Tips
- 10 Blog Layout Tips | A Beautiful Mess
- Primp My Blog: Design Tips and Resources | Her New Leaf
- 12 Great Google Web Fonts | Katelyn Brooke Blog
- Blog Branding 101 | The Flourishing Abode
- Blog Photo Layout Guide | Shrimp Salad Circus
- Course: Blog Design Love | A Beautiful Mess
- The Anatomy of an Effective Homepage | Alltop
- 7 Tips to Instantly Make Your Blog More Reader Friendly | Food Bloggers of Canada
- Tips on Blog Pages | The Flourishing Adobe
- Blog Design 101 | Blog Brunch
- How to Make Product Collages for Your Blog | A Beautiful Mess
- Tips for Building a Bright and Successful Blogging Brand | Erin Vale Design
- Add an Icon to Blog Post Titles with CSS | Code it Pretty
- Online Tips for Success | Nicole’s Classes
- How to Clean Up Your Blog and Make it More User Friendly | Yellow Bliss Road
- 50 Online Tools to Better Your Blog | Independent Fashion Bloggers
- Put Instagram on Your Blog | SnapWidget
- wordpress.org vs wordpress.com | wpbeginner
- Blog Design Resources for 2013 | cre8d design
- How to Create a Project Gallery for Your Blog | Design, Dining + Diapers
- 5 Great Blogging Plugins | A Subtle Revelry
- How to See if Your Photos are Being Used on Another Site | Kevin & Amanda
- How to Feature Your Most Pinterest-Worthy Posts in Your Sidebar | The Blog Maven
- 22 Cool WordPress Tools | Tip Junkie
Promoting Your Blog
- Secret Ingredients: How I Use Social Media for the Blog | designlovefest
- How to Make a Media Kit that ROCKS | Blog Sponsorship | The Blog Maven
- Why Every Blogger Should Have a Media Kit | vmac+cheese
- 12 Things to Do After You Write a Blog Post | Ruhani Rabin
- Facebook Apps Guide | Breanna Rose
- Growing Your Blog as a Business: A Daily Checklist | The SITS Girls
- The Business of Blogging | A Subtle Revelry
- 58 Ways to Get Noticed as a New Blogger | Blog World
- Social Media Tips and No-No’s | Burnett’s Boards
- 5 Knows of Advertising on Blogs | Rags to Stitches
- How to Go Viral on Pinterest | Unskinny Boppy
- How to Label Pictures for Pinterest | I Am Baker
- Link Parties 101 | Build Your Blog
- Blogiquette: Etiquette Guidelines for Bloggers | Her New Leaf
- Blogging Tips and Advice to Help Grow Your Blog | Inspire Me Heather
- What Do Bloggers Need to Claim for Taxes | Blogging Basics 101
- 25 Blog Post Ideas for the Uninspired | The Barn Blog
- How to Get Out of Your Blogging Rut | Brand Camp
- 10 Super Rad Blog Post Ideas | Joy the Baker
- 5 Tips for Blogging on a Busy Schedule | Sincerely, Kinsey
- 12 Best Time Management Tips for Bloggers | The Blog Maven
- 18 Blogging Tips | A Subtle Revelry
- The Perks of Being a Blog Contributor | Independent Fashion Bloggers
- 15 (More) Blog Post Ideas for the Uninspired | The Barn Blog
- Scraper Sites & How to Truncate Blog Feeds 101 | Home Stories A to Z
- What Every Blogger Wants You to Know (But Doesn’t Tell You) | Infarrantly Creative